Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's like a sandwich, but with emotions


Today has been a bit more challenging.  I woke up this morning and things started out really strong.  At 6:13 AM (not an accident) I woke up to my alarm and rather than hitting snooze over and over again, I got out of bed and made an amazing juice.  Apple, Celery and Ginger.  Whoa! Tasty stuff! Watered it down just a bit because it was a bit overpowering, but then it was truly bliss.  

Made myself a smoothie to bring with me to school today, and I think I am learning something: despite the convenience factor, frozen fruit do not make for tasty GS.  Last week I was making GS that were out of this world delicious.  I mean, really amazing.  Super simple, too.  Banana and kale or peach and spinach.  I was finally, and for the first time, really loving them.  Well, today I had kale, with frozen mango, and strawberry.  And, well, it just isn't good.  I drank about a pint during the morning, and then my stomach was all, "um, no thank you".  

Well, I ended up choosing to have a snack of chex mix. I'm not thrilled about that, but it's the choice I made, and it doesn't mean that I have to continue making the same kind of choice for the rest of the evening.  On my way home I am going to pick up another big bag o' Kale and some bananas.  I know that that  will be a super yummy treat and will make me feel much better.

Mood has been mostly down today.  There is one fellow in my class, and I don't know why but he just gets way under my skin and I cannot get over it.  From day 1, he's just offended me.  Everyone else thinks he's just so charming and funny, but I keep thinking he's an ass.  He reminds me of a gay Regina from Mean Girls.  I guess it could be possible that I'm just not meant to like everyone in the world but I think also that there is something about him that encourages me to just give give give my energy.  I'm working on putting an end to that though. I have four more days of class with him, and if I'm able to, I will learn whatever lesson I need to learn from him. If not, I'll learn it when the next time comes around.  

I've just arrived home, and I am pleased to report an amazing green smoothie experience.  I am in fact chugging this bad boy down! CHUGGING it.  I stopped at the store, bought fresh kale, and some perfect bananas.  Blended it with cayenne, coconut oil and chocolate.  I am in love.  LOVE. It is sublime.  I love the way that the cayenne gently tingles all the way down.  My body is loving the flavor and the feel of it.  Worlds better than the chex mix that I had around lunch time.  I am really and truly grateful that I did not stop at Burger King, Wendy's Au Bon Pain, McDonalds, Tian Jin Palace, Thai Market or 7-11 on my way home.  Yes, I almost stopped at, and was tempted by every single one of them.  I can guarantee you, 100% that if I had, I would not be feeling the improvements that are coming into my mood as I type at this very moment.  I cannot even begin to think about how much fun it might well be when I get home and have the month of August off to do a Green Smoothie feast.  Do I dare? Oh it is truly tempting.  It seems like a gift, not a sacrifice to eat litres upon litres of green smoothie on a daily basis.  I can only imagine how good I will feel and how happy my body will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment