Sunday, July 26, 2009

Answer With Strength


When I was living in Israel, Ovadia Hamama put the piyyut "Ana B'koach" (Answer with strength) to music and it was receiving an incredible amount of radio time.  The poem is an acrostic for the 42-letter name of G-d and contains within it 7 different attributes of G-d depending on what one needs and is asking for. 

It resonates deeply for me, as it did for so much of the country that summer, even without my knowing any of the mystical connections that it possesses.  Even now, I only am touching the very most superficial understanding of it.  It is my hope to memorize it and begin incorporating it into regular meditation for myself.  



 In other news, I am currently dry fasting.  I don't at this moment expect it to go much past noon.  My body is continuing to do some pretty intense physical detox and my mouth simply feels shut.  The worst parts of feeling plugged up are passing, and I am very happy to be moving through that.  I was surprised to find that I woke up this morning at 8 am and was just "done" sleeping.  I felt so well slept that I was actually a little worried that it might well be past noon and I'd missed half the day.  Well, the fact is that I have woken up rather earlier than I normally do on a weekend.  How about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment