Friday, August 7, 2009

Sweet Sweet Juice


So on Sunday I decided to start off the process of making giant batches of juices in advance.  I think that I chose the wrong kind of juice to get me started.  Green Star is an amazing juicer, very efficient, very easy to clean and very fast, EXCEPT for tomatoes.  So of course I started off with a big batch of tomato juice.  Well, let me tell you.  It was a big process.  The juice was super delicious, I loved it and will make it again.  But it left me nervous/apprehensive about making a big batch of juice again.  

Well, today I gave it another go, and It was amazingly wonderful.  I made nearly two gallons of juice without needing to stop or clear the machine once.  When I washed it, the gears barely had anything on them, and the screen was minimally clogged.  I feel that I easily could have done 3 or more gallons without too much trouble.  So what did I juice?

Watermelon/Cucumber/Lime cocktail
2 Limes 

($9, total) Yield: 1 Gallon

Apple/Celery
8 apples (5 granny smith, 4 red delicious)
1/2 large bunch of Celery

($4, total) yield 1/2 gallon

I've tasted both of the juices and they are delicious.  I REALLY like using the cucumber and celery to dilute the sweeter fruit juices.  It manages to mellow out the flavor while adding more nutrients and without getting that watered down flavor you get when you add regular old water.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment