Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm

Well, I'm back from DC.  It's for sure a big change of pace.  For the past month my days have been so scheduled that I have barely had to think about what comes next or what I want to do with my time, because I haven't had any free.
Now, it's the total opposite—my days are as unstructured as it gets.  I'm going to enjoy the vacation, but I also need to remember that there are things that I need to get done in the next 3.5 weeks.
A few days ago, DF and I saw Food, Inc.  Among other things, it has influenced me to really take organic food more seriously.  Unfortunately, I'm coping with the cost of things.  I'm really going to need to learn better how to eat/drink more raw on a tighter budget.  I do like knowing that my juicer does let me buy a huge amount of produce and juice it all in one day.  Then I can stick things in the freezer and they last me a little longer than they do whole in the fridge, or gas, on the counter.  Reminds me, still have half a watermelon to juice up...
Over the drive back from DC, there was a lot of junk that I ate.  Also, even while I was in DC there was a lot of extremes: lots of juice and smoothies, but also lots of truly SAD food.  Even so, for the first time in my life that I have been away from my scale, I came back and released weight.
Since getting back, I am eating about 90% juice and the other 10% is still raw.  Well, I'm continuing to release weight.  I am about 3 lbs away from officially being overweight, as opposed to obese (according to the Wii fit)

No comments:

Post a Comment